|RODAS ENVIRON EVENTS FOR THE YEAR 2007-08|
*January - 1. National Cleanliness Day- Staff made artifacts from the waste material Best Out of Waste
*2. Orchid Mumbai & RODAS Green team member's staff visited each other properties to view the Ecotel practices
*February - Internal Environmental awareness audit of staff was conducted
*March - 1`World Water day 2.Celebrated Holi with the Orphan children from Don Bosco's school with herbal colors* Conducted Eco Antakshree among the various departments. April- Earth Day -Green Team members did a LIVE skit on saving Electricity* "ELECTRICITY HAI ANMOL at Nirmal Lifestyle at Mulund*.
*April - Awareness Programme in asscoiation with NGO Manch -Renowned Speakers spoke on saving the earth
*May - No Tobacco Day - Water bowl was placed at the Parabola & requested guests to refrain from smoking and to drop their cigarette packets into the bowl. Gifted T/shirt & cap to the guests
*August - Distributed small saplings in mud pots to the Corporates of Hiranandani *September - Eco Ganesha -1.School children's made small Ganpati idols from the clay removed from the Powai Lake in asscoiation with NGO Young Environments. 2. Powai Lakeshore clean up with the children of Hiranandani & Gopal Sharma school.
*November - SAY NO TO CRACKERS - Celebrated Diwali by organizing excursion cum orientation programme with the children of Perana, NGO and explained the need to avoid bursting crackers and noise and smoke pollution.
RODAS ECO-FRIENDLY EVENTS FOR THE YEAR 2008-09
*January - National Cleanliness Day-- Best Out of Waste
*March - Eco Ganesha with NGO Manch Staff
*August - Eco Ganesha with school children in association with Young Environments Programme.
*September - Senior members of the Ganesh Mandals participated in Competition for making small Ganesha idols and best eco friendly large Eco Ganesha idols kept in their areas were given awards in associations with NGO Manch
*September - Powai Lakeshore clean up by the Green team members.
RODAS ENVIRON EVENTS FOR THE YEAR 2009-10 March
World Water day -Organized seminar on the topic of saving various fish species of the Powai lake World Environment day in association with Powai Angling Federation and Rachna Sansad *June - Distributed free plant sapling to the General public at IIT area. Eco Ganesha in association with Young Presidents Organization
*August - Free PUC check for vehicles entering Hiranandani complex.
The Cabbana Orchid, An Ecotel, Phagwara, Jalandhar
An Environment Awareness Programme called Enviro Mission was conducted in August 2009 at the Cabbana Orchid- An Ecotel, Jalandhar to promote the idea of “Luxury with Responsibility” and it advocated to the Public “Don’t Disturb Nature! Take care of Mother EARTH and She will take care of YOU”!
Doaba: Go - Green! Enviro Mission endorses three principles (1) Enviro Pledge to Plant 11 trees, (2) “Say No to Plastic” and (3) Eco Mantra of Re duce, Reuse and Recycle
FLOATEL, An Ecotel, Kolkata
Following are the eco activities we have done at Floatel since its inception:
1. 5th June, 2007World Environment Day This day was commemorated by water distribution campaign and cleaning of the Babughat from Chandpal ghat 5th June, 2008 World Environment Day This day was observed with water distribution campaign and cleaning of the Babughat from Chandpal ghat. World Earth Day( 22nd April 2008). Planting of trees on the sides of the railway track by the team members and guests.World Water Day( 22nd March, 2009) At Sunrise Estate, 14 C Radhanath Choudhary Road, Kolkata-15 Floatel observed the day by conducting an Awareness Program at the residential Complex of Sunrise Estate. A presentation was given to the audience regarding 3R’s, Water Conservation, and Rain Harvesting, Vermi composting & eco friendly practices in Floatel.World Earth Day(22nd April 2009)· clearing the areas where the trees are planted, giving manure to the existing plants, ·Watering the plants. World Environment Day( 5th June, 2009) Planting trees on the sides of the rail lines by team members and guests· Setting up a kiosk in Mani Square and conducting slogan competition, tongue twister and quiz. In the back ground a presentation on eco friendly practices were shown. We distributed leaflets in bulleted format. Price Sil, well known magician was called upon to perform magic show based on environment. Leaflets were also distributed at SBI headquarters and New Secretariat. Organic food festival was organized at the Coffee shop, Bridge.
The Orchid New Delhi
We are selected one among the world’s Top Ten Eco Vacation Hot Spots in the World!
We have done the following since the start of the hotel in April 2009:
Environment day for the staff.
- Plant sapling by the Hotel Guests on the environment day at the pool side.
- Green Team formed in May end. Name board put against the saplings planted during the environment day.
- Vegetable seeds sowed at the horticulture area.
- The Hotel premises are abode of more than 200000 trees, plants and herbs. They are rigorously taken care of by a squad of 50 gardeners’ day in and day out.